The Magic of Thinking Big – David Schwartz
Lesedatum: Mai 2019
Meine persönliche Bewertung: 7/10
Gehe zur Amazon-Seite für mehr Informationen.
Believe you can succeed and you will
Success means many wonderful positive things. Success means prosperity: a fine home, vacations, travel, new things, financial security, giving your children maximum advantages. Success means winning admiration, leadership, being looked up to by people in your business and social life. Success means freedom: freedom from worries, fears, frustration, and failure. Success means self-respect, continually finding more real happiness and satisfaction from life, being able to do more for those who depend on you…
Believe, really believe, you can move a mountain, and you can.
You can move a mountain with belief. You can win success by believing you can succeed.
Belief works this way. Belief, the “I’m-positive-I-can” attitude, generates the power, skill and energy needed to do it. When you believe I-can-do-it, the how-to-do-it develops.
Belief in success is the one basic, absolutely essential ingredient of successful people.
Believe, really believe, you can succeed, and you will.
The “Okay-I’ll-give-it-a-try-but-I-do-don’t-think-it-will-work” attitude produces failures.
A person is a product of his own thoughts.
Believe Big. Launch your success with offensive with honest, sincere belief that you can succeed. Believe Big and grow Big.
HOW TO DEVELOP THE POWER OF BELIEF
1.Think success, don’t thing failure. At work, in your home, substitute success thinking for failure thinking. When you face a difficult situation, think, “I’ll win” …
2. Remind yourself regularly that you’re better than you think your are. Successful people are not supermen. Success does not require a super intellect. Nor is there anything mystical about success. And success isn’t based on luck. Successful people are just ordinary folks who have developed belief in themselves and what they do. Never-yes, never-sell yourself short.
3. Believe Big. The size of your success is determined by the size of your belief… Think big goals and win big success. Big ideas and big plans are often easier- certainly no more difficult-than small ideas and small plans.
It’s fun to feel yourself growing more confident, more effective, more successful day by day, month by month. Nothing, absolutely nothing, in this life gives you more satisfaction than knowing you’re on the road to success and achievement. And nothing stands as a bigger challenge than making most of yourself.
BUILD CONFIDENCE AND DESTROY FEAR
…Fear exist.Fear is success enemy number one…
Fear – uncertainty, lack of confidence – explains why we still have economic recessions. Fear explains why we still have economic recessions. Fear explains why millions of people accomplish little and enjoy little.
Truly fear is a powerful force. In one way or another fear prevents people from getting what they want from life.
…No one is born with confidence. Those people you know who radiate confidence, who have conquered worry, who are at ease everywhere and all the time, acquired their confidence, every bit of it. You can, too.
PUT THESE FIVE PROCEDURES TO WORK FOR YOU
- Action cures fear. Isolate your fear and then take constructive action. Inaction-doing nothing about a situation-strengthens fear and destroys confidence.
- Make a supreme effort to put only positive thoughts in your memory bank. Don’t let negative, self-deprecatory thoughts grow into mental monsters. Simply refuse to recall unpleasant events or situations.
- Put people in proper perspective. Remember, people are more alike, much more alike, than they are different. Get balanced view of the other fellow. He is just another human being. And develop an understanding attitude. Many people will bark, but it’s a rare one who bites.
- Practice doing what you conscience tells you is right. This prevents a poisonous guilt complex from developing. Doing what’s right is a very practical rule for success.
- Make everything about you say, “I`m confident, really confident.” Practice these little techniques in your day-to-day activities:
- Be a front seater.
- Make eye contact.
- Walk 25 percent faster.
- Speak up.
- Smile big.
WHEN YOU BELIEVE YOUR MIND FINDS WAYS TO DO.
Believe it can be done. That’s basic to creative thinking. Here are suggestions to help you develop creative power through belief:
- Eliminate the word impossible from your thinking and speaking vocabularies. Impossible is a failure word. The thought “It’s impossible” sets off a chain reaction of other thoughts to prove you’re right.
- Thing of something special you’ve been wanting to do but felt you couldn’t. Now make a list of reasons why you can do it. Many of us whip and defeat out desires simply because we concentrate on why we can’t when the only thing worthy of our mental concentration is why we can.
…”…there are many ways in which a good job can be done – as many ways, in fact, as there are men to whom the task is given.”
In truth there is no one best way to do anything.
..Capacity is a state of mind. How much we can do depends on how much we think we can do.
Cement in your mind the question “Is this the way an important person does it?” Use this question to make you a bigger, more successful person.
In a nutshell, remember:
- Look important; it helps you think important. Your appearance talks to you. Be sure it lifts you spirits and builds your confidence. Be sure it lifts your spirits and builds your confidence. Your appearance talks to others. Make certain it says, “Here is an important person: intelligent, prosperous, and dependable.”
- Think your work is important. Think this way, and you will receive mental signals on how to do your job better. Think your work is important, and your subordinates will think their work is important, too.
- Give yourself a pep talk several times daily. Build a “sell-yourself-to-yourself” commercial. Remind yourself at every opportunity that you’re a first-class person.
- In all of life’s situations, ask yourself, “Is this the way an important person thinks?” Then obey the answer.
MAKE YOUR ENVIRONMENT MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL
- Be environment-conscious. Just as body diet makes the body, mind diet makes the mind.
- Make your environment work for you, not against you.
- Don’t let small-thinking people hold you back. Jealous people want to see you stumble. Don’t give them that satisfaction.
- Get your advice from successful people.
- Get plenty of psychological sunshine. Circulate in new groups. Discover new and stimulating things to do.
- ..Avoid gossip.
- Go first class in everything you do.
WANT TO MAKE MONEY
- Grow the “I’m activated” attitude. Results come in proportion to the enthusiasm invested. Three things to do activate yourself are:
- Dig into it deeper. When you find yourself uninterested in something, dig in and learn more about it. This sets off enthusiasm.
- Life up everything about you: your smile, your handschake, your talk, even your walk. Act alive.
- Broadcast good news. No one ever accomplished anything positive telling bad news.
- Grow the “You are important” attitude. People do more for you when you make them feel important. Remember to do these things:
- Show appreciation at every opportunity.
- Make people important.
- Call people by name.
- Grow the “Service first” attitude, and watch money take care of itself. Make it a rule in everything you do: give people more than they expect to get.
GROW THE ACTION HABIT
Practice these key points:
- Be an activationist. Be someone who does things. Be a doer; not a don’t-er-
- Don’t wait until conditions are perfect. They never will be. Expect future obstacles and difficulties and solve them as they arise.
- Remember, ideas alone won’t bring success. Ideas have value only when you act upon them.
- Use action to cure fear and gain confidence. Do what you fear, and fear disappears. Just try it and see.
- Start your mental engine mechanically. Don’t wait for the spirit move you. Take action, dig in, and you move the spirit.
- Think in terms of now. Tomorrow, next week, later, and similar word often are synonymous with the failure word, never. Be an “I’m starting right now” kind of person.
- Get down to business-pronto. Don’t waste time getting ready to start act. Start acting instead.
- Seize the initiative. Be a crusader. Pick up the ball and run. Be a volunteer. Show that you have the ability and ambition to do.
Get in gear and go!